20/20 Vision

20/20 Vision
20/20 Vision

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The truth will set you free

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.




Garbage can syndrome… Yep! That’s what I said. Garbage can syndrome. I can assure you that you do not want to experience this malady. Its very nature is insidious, striking with vengeance. No warning – gripping with symptoms that you don’t even want to share company with again. The really frustrating thing is that Garbage Can Syndrome strikes after you have made some really good decisions. I made Thanksgiving with no restraints and still walked away knowing I had made really good decisions. I made the Friday workout knowing I did not have too. So, why am I sharing the Garbage Can Syndrome with you today? Because it happens -- it happened to me Sunday evening. I treated this wonderful, God given vessel like it was a Garbage can. Everything I could possibly think of was consumed. The munchies invaded and I did not take time to think about what I was doing – a bag of popcorn, a cup of hot chocolate…

Garbage Can Syndrome came; Garbage Can Syndrome went “But” it went because I chose not to give any credence to what happened. I chose to look unto Jesus the author and finisher of my faith. I chose to seek out truth because it is truth which liberates. To be liberated is to be free forever from the weight is that so easily besets me. I have a framed print in my living room that has a curious picture: An eagle with wings unfurled and a strong Arabian stallion leaping off the ground but the Arabian is enmeshed in the wings of the eagle. The caption says, “Destiny is not a matter of chance it is a matter of choice!” I can make choice. I can make a wrong choice. “But” it is what I do with that choice that takes my destiny off a dead end road and places my destiny where it belongs on the road called Victory!

The address for “My Road” is finishedworkfitness.blogspot.com -- the term “finished work fitness” was chosen to reflect the choice that I have made for my personal journey. You see, I’m not just training to remember all these different exercises but training these eyes to see beyond confines of this present time -- to see beyond to the real truth, the real me standing at the end of this road ready and equipped to take the next journey. I am victorious now and anyone reading this post is also victorious now! Hey, you know that little space under your nose and just above your upper lip? One of my fifth grade Sunday School students placed her finger in that spot on my face and said, “teacher did you know that’s ‘you’re done’ mark?” She went on to say that, “my Mom says that when God made us He looked at us and was so happy that He smiled and put His finger on us and said ‘you’re done.” Wow, what a Mom to be able to teach a child so young that we are fearfully and wonderfully made!

No comments:

Post a Comment