20/20 Vision

20/20 Vision
20/20 Vision

Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Can

Philippans 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Oh, no that is what Chicken Little said but something is falling! Bill! Bill (that’s my husband)! What’s this all over my face? Something must be wrong!!! Being ever so kind and loving and being very careful to not let me see the smile on his face – hugged me and said “Honey its okay. That is what most folks call sweat.” Did I hear him correctly? Sweat, that’s something people do when they labor at construction sites or work really hard in the yard or… Oh, well, that’s what I did today – I worked really hard and I did SWEAT!

Jessica, I am really thankful for your BlogSpot. I was especially blessed by your victory day and the stats that you posted. Way 2 go girl!!! Encouragement seekers (like me) need that kind of stuff – it brightens the road I travel. I’m especially drawn to your title:” life according to us.” The inscription that follows, “little tidbits from our life to help us remember the small things that make our story” is so true.

Remember. That is a great word. Philippians says it like this “think on these things.” Those words “think on these things,” went through my head a hundred times this week. So to find why I was being drawn to these words -- I pulled up E-Sword (online Bible) and proceeded to read. God’s purpose for me this day was to simply REMEMBER. Remember what I had read on Jessica’s Journey. Remember what I was called to read in Philippians chapter four. Remember when challenges come -- to view this fitness road (my road) as a done deal. Remember that when Jeff pushes (no encourages) me to do things that I don’t think possible – to remember by thinking on these things: Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. When I “think on these things”, these attributes of Christ, then the strength that He has placed within me rises up and says YES! Yes, you can do this because I left you my promise. I promise to be your strength.

Thanks Lord for your promise. Thanks Lord for Jeff and Your gift of wisdom and patience he uses to guide me. Thanks Lord for Jessica and her insights. Thanks Lord for this new family bound for fitness. Thank you for Bill, my wonderful partner on this road. Thank you for the limitless possibilities!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment