20/20 Vision

20/20 Vision
20/20 Vision

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Finished Work Vision

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Luke 11:10 For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.

Recently I was reading a news article listing words being deleted due to the fact that they were no longer effective. It is my belief they left one very important word off this list: Failure! Delete this word from your data bank immediately. Just as there was no room in the inn for the birth of Christ -- there is no room or place for this word on the road called Health & Fitness Way.
This holiday season was filled with many firsts for me – some good, some not so good. I said “not so good” but that does not mean there was not a positive benefit received. Perspective. Perspective is everything -- perspective will dictate the path you travel each day and how far you will go. Perspective says the glass is half empty or it could say the glass is half full. Some would argue this analogy is saying the same thing in two different ways – but is it really? Maybe, but if a glass is half empty then a portion of the contents has been removed in contrast to the concept that if a glass is half full then there is more to be added.

My Road over the holiday season brought me face to face with several decisions. The first decision: Jeff (a really great trainer) was going to be off for a week. My first thought was, “while the cat’s away this mouse can play.” There is a multitude of yuletide preparations and I could get caught up …. But no, that would only put ME on the road called Detour!

The second decision: A particular need presented itself requiring me to stop my training lessons. This was especially difficult for me. The last session I had with my mentor found me unable to complete my usual work out. I was not only unable to complete it – I barely was able to start the plan. I woke up with great pain from an old acquaintance called Arther Itis! Usually when I have this level of discomfort I am able to start out slow and then the pain leaves and I always feel great after I complete the plan created by Jeff. That “F” word I mentioned above was grabbing at my mind and screaming “you are a “f”, you can’t do this, you are never going to be any different than you are now.”

The third decision: To use the mind of Christ to bring every thought into captivity that did not equate with His plan for me – and to give me a mental picture that I could cling to when words failed:

The perspective of Finished Work Fitness (home of “My Road,”) is learning to see myself as who I really am: Complete, Whole, Healthy, Fit, Champion! I am just taking the steps that a fit woman would take, we act the role now of a fit woman!

I awakened from a dream on New Years morning with the understanding that I am a lioness from the tribe of Judah and what is true of my heavenly father is true of me right now and right here. He left me this last picture as a reminder. A picture of myself & it was signed, DAD. Since I'm new to blogging I haven't learned the art of inserting things so I placed the pictures on the side for you to see.



P.S
I have not spent much time on emphasizing these scriptures chosen for today however I must admit they are in response to a question I read on a particularly favorite blog/website. The question was not addressed to me but I believe the answer to the particular question lies here in these verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment